Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Why I Said Good Bye to Driving??????

This incident was my worst nightmare which comes true. In the end of the year 2006 in November I started learning driving from a driving school. On 30th November I met with an accident I was on a paddle rickshaw and a indica car hit rickshaw and I fell down and got fracture in my elbow as a result get bed ridden for one month, after that, I recovered and joined office and driving school again. In the end of January 2007 I got my driving license although I was not perfect to drive alone. With the help of my big brother I practiced a lot but still there was some hitch to drive. When we had a driver I used to go office along with my mother and my two nephews after dropping me at office they came back to home. So, one fine morning in February starting, I was going to office accompanied with all my daily joy-riders. There is a wide road in my way to office where traffic is not so heavy. So, I asked my driver to let me drive. My mother said I am not so trained but I said to her back that she always underestimate me, if I never drive then how can I learn to drive. I drive successfully for some time until the venue of huge merging traffic came. There is a T-point without any traffic signal, where traffic from all three directions came, when I reached at that point I asked my driver to drive I was feeling nervous at that T-point, because I was still not well versed in clutch, brake, steering wheel at one time. My driver said “try it; there is no traffic to a visible distant.” I also thought that he was right let me try, all I have to do just steering the wheel quickly as we have to take right turn, in front of us was the wall behind which a big sever nala was flowing. Now the nightmare started I just moved the vehicle ahead to turn it right suddenly I saw a motorcyclist came from right hand side, the distance between front wall and our car was merely 3 meter in which I have to turn my car right hand side, now can u imagine what happened I got nervous and instead of applying brakes I pressed accelerator with moving steering wheel towards right and motorcyclist tried to cross between wall and our car which in a second end up in colliding with our car and he fell down from his mo-bike my driver pulled hand lock at once I was frozen to death my mother was shocked but THANK GOD the motorcyclist was safe his mo-bike was little damaged for which we paid 1000rs. on the spot to him, yes there was a huge crowd gathered but I don’t want to share that thing because it still horrified me . Our car was just 4 month old wagon-R in which we paid 4000rs for repair, including replacement of mud-guard. Needless to say I got scolded at home very much….I hope traffic police men is not reading……I have said goodbye to driving because it’s well said in Hindi “Jaan hai to Jahan Hai”……

1 comment:

Nauras said...

Its good to take precautions....but u must not give up driving b'coz of this incident.....u shud always learn from ur mistakes n improve...